That time of the year!

December 3rd, 2012 imasan16

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!

December is finally here and with Thanksgiving break over, it is now crunch time. There are so many distractions with the arrival of Christmas time, but here on campus you have no time for procrastination. I’ve pulled two all nighters in a row so far, and now I have two finals, a calculus exam, and a paper to write before break. With all that work, you must be wondering where is the time to relax and feel the spirit? Well let me tell you that one of the best things about Holy Cross is the community spirit. Not only do I feel Christmas near by but I also see it. With all the floors heavily decorated with Santa wallpaper on everyone’s doors and mistletoes hanging above the doors! My floor has also decided to exchange gifts! I am so excited to see what my secret Santa gives to me and I hope that they also like my gift to them!  Tonight is the Christmas lighting which i am excited for my first lighting at Holy Cross. Plus, did I mention there is a life size manger in front of Dinand! It is absolutely huge!

Besides Christmas, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family and ate anything and everything I set my sights upon. When I had gotten back to campus it was my friends’ birthday. We had a cake celebration! They turned 19! This was the first time I have had Russian Tea Cake, which by the way is absolutely scrumptious(:  We also went to see TWILIGHT, BREAKING DAWN PART 2! I have never been an obsessed Twilight viewer, but I do love the saga. This one was absolutely the best out of the whole series. My friends and I had a great time, going to the movie in Worcester, Olive Garden, and Wooberry!

I also have some great news! Holy Cross has so many opportunities to grow and help out the community. So earlier this year I applied to go to Jamaica for an immersion trip in the summer, and guess what? I have been ACCEPTED!!!!! I am so excited and blessed to have this opportunity. As a freshman I have realized Holy Cross really does give you the chance to make a difference no matter how young you may be! I was screaming and jumping around like a mad woman when I first found out lol.

Inez Asante '16

• Studies: Political science and psychology double major with a premed concentration
  • Hometown: Plainsboro, N.J.
  •  
  • Read more about Inez »