Where does the time go??

February 14th, 2013 imasan16

Time seems to be flying by so quickly and it is great that I have the opportunity to blog. Blogging gives me the opportunity to share my thoughts, and experiences with all of you, but it also allows me to reflect on my week. The newspaper article about HC Blogging has been printed and I am truly honored to be part of the cover story! Since the John Kerry press conference I have accomplished a lot! My dad came to visit. It was great to see him and it made me realize how much I missed my family! So instead of staying in my dorm and dwelling on the fact I was not with my family I went to the Black Student Union Fashion Show, whose theme was SEVEN.  The show was fantastic and nicely done. There were many performances by the step team on campus, the dancers, a cappella groups, and even the Boys and Girls Club in the area. Overall the night was a success. I give praise to the people who put the show together because I really enjoyed the show.

That Sunday was also the Super Bowl. All my friends came over and we ordered from this great restaurant called Tweeds. The food was fattening, greasy, and delicious. Six girls in a room watching the Ravens defeat the 49ers was a fun experience. It was my first Superbowl away from family and I was feeling pretty homesick before the game but because I had a bunch of people over for the game I truly had a great time!

February 4, 2013 is the day Cokie Roberts came to campus! Her talk focused around the recent election and the progress of the United States. She was not only intelligent, but extremely witty and kept the audience engaged in what she was saying. She was one of the best speakers I have heard so far!  For those of you who do not know Cokie Roberts, she is an American journalist and author not to mention news analyst for NPR! It was truly an honor to hear her speak!

From Mr. Kerry to Mrs. Roberts, we have reached Nemo. No this is not Finding Nemo but rather the blizzard which hit the New England area. We were on lockdown because of the severity of the snow storm. It was actually fun to be cooped up in the dorms with all your friends. Let’s just say there was serious bonding between all of us! I ended up sledding down the hill right next to Wheeler.  The Holy Cross campus has the best sledding opportunities in the winter if I may say so myself!

The week has continued with visits to the career center, where they are helping me with my resume for this summer, and completions of my first paper and exam for the semester. Everything seems to be going pretty well! To top it all off, last night I met Jalen Rose, the former Michigan and NBA player. Nowadays you can catch him on television as a sports analyst. That was definitely one of the highlights for me of the semester and year. If you are a sports fanatic like I am you will understand my excitement!

Lastly, it is Ash Wednesday, my friend and I attended mass! I have decided to do three things for Lent. First I promise to go to the gym regularly, second I must attend office hours for each of my classes at least once a week, and finally I promise to go to Mass every Sunday! YAYYY for my Lenten challenges (:

I will leave you all with a little quote  to remember- “Be not afraid of greatness, some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them” – A little Shakespeare for everyone!

Inez Asante '16

• Studies: Political science and psychology double major with a premed concentration
  • Hometown: Plainsboro, N.J.
  •  
  • Read more about Inez »